question

chris H avatar image
chris H asked

battery programing

Batteries – is it possible to program lithium batteries to discharge at certain times? On good sunny days (sadly few and far between ) I often find that the batteries are still 50 or 60% charged at midnight, they then discharge during the night in the period of the cheap rate. Is there any way that the batteries BMS or the controls (Smart Solar charger that is linked to the inverter) can be programmed so that if say the batteries are 50% full at midnight then they will not discharge until say 6 AM. Ideally they will should be a further qualification that if the batteries are only 20% full at midnight then they will be charged from the grid during the cheap period

My system comprises a Victron Multi plus inverter – 48 /5000/70 smart solar charger MPPT 250/70/TR, Lynx 1000 distributor, cebo GX and two LEOCH 4.8 kWh lithium batteries

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Look up DESS

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/drafts:dynamic_ess

If you cant use ESS then you can use node red.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

diederik avatar image
diederik answered ·

I use Node Red for that.

After a few ‘if’ and ‘then’ I set ESS mode to Keep batteries charged and DVCC limit charge current to zero.

That way I can keep my battery at the level I want.

2 |3000

lifeingalicia avatar image
lifeingalicia answered ·

If you simply don't want to discharge during cheap rate just use scheduled charging. E.G limit to your SOC min and the system wont use the batteries.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic