question

alan3737 avatar image
alan3737 asked

Vrm Instance 280 is this a Bug?

Hi Folks

Im looking for a bit of advice,I recently ugraded my system and another solar charger was added by the installers.

I noticed that the first two Solar Chargers details are displayed on the headings but the new one only says

Solar Charge (280).

Is this an error code ??

why is it not displaying like the other two.

Plus I note that the Firmware on each are all different V1.16,V1.15, then the new one is V1.61. Should they all be the same?

I also note that the previous 2 have numbers before the letters in the serial number column.

Does this need to be corrected ,if so how can I do it?

Does this affect the performance of the new charger?

Do I need to contact the installers to do this?

I appreciate any advice you can give.

vrm2.jpg

VRM
vrm2.jpg (52.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

The 280 is not a bug. It's simply a unit reference number assigned internally within the system.

Yes, you have different firmware levels on each unit. It would be better to bring them all up to the latest release. You can use the Victron connect app on your phone to do this. When you connect to an MPPT, it checks the firmware level and prompts you to update. You do need to make sure your phone app is up to date, it contains the firmware updates. Note the firmware and Bluetooth updates are separate, so you may need two updates on one MPPT.

You can ignore the numbers before the serial number.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.