question

arvid avatar image
arvid asked

Energy Meter VM-3P75CT in a 3 phase 3-wire system .

Is it possible to use Energy Meter VM-3P75CT in a 3 phase 3-wire system?. This is the most common system for households in Norway. I can't find any wiring diagram without N in the manual

My supplier couldn't answer

Thanks

Arvid

Energy Meter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ldoes (Victron Energy) avatar image
ldoes (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Arvid ,

No this is not possible with the VM-3P75CT. Some of the other meters such as EM540 do support 3-phase 3-wire system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arvid avatar image
arvid answered ·

Thanks for the quick clarifying reply.

Will there soon be an energy meter with current transformer for 3-wire systems?

2 |3000

ldoes (Victron Energy) avatar image
ldoes (Victron Energy) answered ·

Such a meter hasn't been announced yet. If you need a 3-wire energy meter with CTs, you can use the EM530 (specifically the EM530DINAV53XS1X). Victron doesn't stock that meter, but it is compatible with the Victron ecosystem. You can also take a look at the Energy Meter Selection Guide for other compatible meters.

2 |3000

arvid avatar image
arvid answered ·

I have looked at the EM530 that has been suggested, but a solution with a 3 phase 3 wire version of VM-3P75CT seems better in terms of accompanying equipment and communication with Cerbo.

I put the case on hold for half a year

Thanks for the good answers

Arvid

2 |3000

Related Resources