question

Anders avatar image
Anders asked

Node-Red "Factory reset" - Checklist

When starting to play with Node-Red is likely that things gets mixed up and you endup having to do a Factory reset of your Venus OS device. I got in trouble after trying to use the yr.no (Norwegian weather node). A backup and recovery of Node Red is not as simple as the Victron OS factory reset

Here is my checklist for doing this:

1. Backup of your Node-Red flows (Select all flows and download - this you should always do when you have made some major changes to Node-Red
  2. Make note of the pallett you have added (I do screenshots)
  3. Make note of settings if you connect with other systems (I use Modbus and are connected to Fibaro HC and Telldus - they might need some tweaking)
  4. Reset your Venus OS (or start you new device)
  5. Install Large OS
  6. Turn on Node-Red
  7. Install the additional nodes(pallett) according to 2.
  8. Install your flow backup
  9. Investigate your connection according to 3.

Not simple but doable

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You can just ssh to the gx and remove the node red directory. Switch to small image and then back to large.

Preserves all other settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anders avatar image
Anders answered ·

I tried this actually, but was unable to remove the node red directory fully. Some elements was blocking a full delete. (and the root directory was "full")

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
You need to stop node-red services first. After that it can be removed.
0 Likes 0 ·