question

mushu avatar image
mushu asked

Inverter on/off switch vs GX panel on/off switch, which controls unit?

The 2kW 12v PMP Multiplus inverter/charger unit has an on/off/charge switch but the control panel also has an on/off/charge switch. How does that actually work? What position do I leave the unit switch set to in order to have the remote panel switch control it? Using the cheap panel not the color touch screen one.

switch
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

For remote on off, the multiplus must be in the on position with override by remote enabled.

Remote switch then controls the operation of the multiplus.

If the multiplus is not switched to on, the remote is not able to work.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mushu avatar image
mushu answered ·

Page 10 of the manual doesn't show that in the factory settings, nor do the dip switches appear to control that. Where can I find the setting for "override by remote"?

3 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Override by remote is set with an MK3 to USB adapter using VE.Configure software, free download.
0 Likes 0 ·
mushu avatar image mushu kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

So that means an additional cost/purchase/delay just to set this one setting that I need?? How messed up is that?

/smh

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ mushu commented ·
If your system is online in the VRM portal you can also do that remotely:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-veconfigure

But Normally that is on by default.

If you never had used VE.config than the MultiPlus is still on it's factory settings and it is highly recommended to adjust ALL settings to fit your system.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic