question

qits avatar image
qits asked

I'm missing my bluenova battery on my GX menu

I have a MultiPlus-II 48/10000/140-100/100, a cerbo gx , solar charger & bluenova battery.

They were all working fine ..then I did the update on all my devices.

Now my menu on my Gx does not show the bluenova batteries

It only shows the Multiplus & the solar charger.

and I have this DC power block which I can not get rid of.

Please help

dc.jpg menu.jpg
firmware update
menu.jpg (93.8 KiB)
dc.jpg (103.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Qits

Is has DC system been enabled in system set up? That is where the setting is.

The Comms may be a data speed setting. Where is it plugged into?

Run through all the settings and set up in the guide.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

qits avatar image
qits answered ·

Thanks, first part sorted ( DC)

I have gone through the setup guide a few times already.

I'm sure I'm missing something small as it did reflect, before my update and it can't be cabling because I didn't change anything.

I don't have a Bmac connected,

ve.jpgdvcc.jpgimg-20240325-170338-1.jpgimg-20240325-170402.jpg

ve.jpg (97.9 KiB)
dvcc.jpg (84.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

As far as I am aware you don't need the BMAC with Victron.

Those are the DUs? You must have the older units to be using the type B not straight cables.

Try with 500kb/s port speed. I have a number of them on that speed.

Is your terminator still in the last battery? And is it ok?

Besides disabling Nmea unless you are using it maybe take the Victron terminator out of the BMS can port as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You cable says vecan as does the profile settings but you have plugged it into a bmscan port.

Also, is NMEA out needed, that is usually off unless you have those interfaces.

2 |3000

Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@Alexandra and @nickdb are right. Venus usually shows the BMS connection. Unless you have a valid reason not to do so, that's the correct connection. See screenshots.

F.

screenshot-2024-03-26-031136-console1.png

screenshot-2024-03-26-031321-cosole2.png

2 |3000

qits avatar image
qits answered ·

So I changed the cable to a patch cable.

I removed the victron terminator.

I switched from Bms can to ve can.

I rebooted the gx everytime I tried a different combination.

Still with no change

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Get hold of their support (if you can!). Maybe they failed to configure the battery for Victron systems.

There is another case like this on the forum (have a search). They came right in the end.

Have a look here, in this case dip switches were set wrong. They also have a weird requirement for their cables.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/217979/cannot-see-blue-nova-batteries-on-cerbo-gx-device.html

0 Likes 0 ·
Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@Qits

You say BMS.Can to VE.Can, shouldn't that be the other way round?

What is your baud rate? By default, VE.Can uses 250kb/s while BMS.Can uses 500kb/s. Batteries normally use the latter.

My batteries use the cable you showed in your pics but @Alexandra has more experience. Your battery manufacturer and/or Victron should specify the cable you should use.

F.

2 |3000

qits avatar image
qits answered ·

The problem is that I know it's not the wiring.

It was working perfectly before I did an update on the Victron units.

So I believe it has to be in the setting.

My previous setting was on 500k/bs

2 comments
2 |3000

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
I hear you but sometimes, things "work" because of a kink in the current software. Ironing out the kink seemingly breaks things that shouldn't work in the first place. It is true that new software can create unforeseen problems.

Why don't you just roll back to the software version that worked for you? The forum has many posts on how to do that.

F.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Go back to the beginning, put it back like it was. Make sure to use the BMS CAN port as that is 500kb.

It might be worth resetting your battery/BMS, in case something got stuck.

0 Likes 0 ·