question

lukeclose avatar image
lukeclose asked

Cerbo GX Firmware update v3.22 and now Multi isn't showing loads in VRM

Interesting I've just updated my Cerbo GX to v3.22 and now can't see my AC Loads on VRM Portal is there a setting I need to change?

firmware update
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@LukeClose

A firmware update should not have changed anything with communication on the regular running of the system

Just check your MK3 (under device list - inverter) driver is not asking for an update. Not sure from what FW you upgraded from.

But if anything, roll back.

0 Likes 0 ·
lukeclose avatar image lukeclose Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Firmware was v3.00~14

So thought i would update after one year

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

under settings select your inverter scroll down and upgrade the mk3 were asked

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lukeclose avatar image lukeclose commented ·

I can't seem to find Anyware to do an update the MK3.

0 Likes 0 ·
Al avatar image Al lukeclose commented ·

Not sure if it's your issue, but you update the MK3 USB in the Multi settings page if it asks you to, see the below thread with pictures:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/232556/update-the-mk3-message-on-venus-os-multiplus.html

0 Likes 0 ·
lukeclose avatar image
lukeclose answered ·

Guys I'm still having issues with my VRM not showing AC Loads after Cerbo Update

Venus Firmware v3.30

Multi Firmware v508

Is there a setting I need to change?

multi-mk3.png

multi-mk3.png (27.0 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Straight answer. No. Unless something else is not right.

Is it the AC loads on the inverter or do you have an energy meter?

Does it show AC input at all?

0 Likes 0 ·
lukeclose avatar image lukeclose Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Loads on the Inverter, with no reading at all it even says the multi is in the OFF status

As soon as I reload v3.00-14 the VRM starts logging again with no issue

I'm only updating for the few changes that have been made to the latest firmware since the v3.00 is nearly 12 months old

I'm beginning to think I should never update firmware on any Victron products reading through a lot of comments regarding updates most people seem to have issues one way or another with most of the Victron gear

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

How is your inverter connected to the GX?

Do you have a mk3 connected at the same time?

Firmware updates work, when they don't there usually is a good reason which is generally human error.

Issues can occur but they are generally rare and fixed fairly quickly.

This combination works, so something else is off.

Please add some screenshots, and show how the system setup is on the GX, any meters installed or CT's?

2 |3000

lukeclose avatar image
lukeclose answered ·

Inverter permanently connected via mk3 to Cerbo.

No meters or CT's

All I've done different is a firmware update.

multi-settings.png multi-settings1.png

multi-settings.png (41.7 KiB)
multi-settings1.png (43.3 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

@LukeClose

This will give different functionality.. "via mk3".

Use a VE.Bus connection with a RJ45 (Ethernet) cable. Put the MK3 dongle into storage.

0 Likes 0 ·
lukeclose avatar image lukeclose JohnC ♦ commented ·
Wow thanks for that.

After running with mk3 permanently in place for the last 2 years it's the last thing I would have thought of

I must have been lucky with previous Firmware.

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ lukeclose commented ·

Your mk3 probably needs an update that the GX cannot do. Connect it to VC app or veconfig and it should update. In any case, that is a solution for PI’s. Don’t connect to a cerbo like that which already has a vebus and will only cause conflict.

0 Likes 0 ·
lukeclose avatar image
lukeclose answered ·

Thanks for the help guys.

I'll try tonight and see how we go.

2 |3000