question

andregr avatar image
andregr asked

Charging 108Ah lithium battery with 2 chargers

Can I use both Smartsolar MPPT 75/15 and Blue Smart 12v/15amp charger at the same time to charge my 13v 108ah BlueNova lithium battery?

Using battery powering camp freezer.

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Ideally you would want to coordinate charging between them and with one not have blueteeth you can’t use smart networking.

You will just need to be careful with your settings if they are going to operate independently. The blue nova will have a bms, so if you get it wrong it will just turn off.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

andregr avatar image
andregr answered ·

Thanks.

Both chargers have Bluetooth so I make the settings identical.

So in that case should it work as I do not want to take chances of damaging the battery?

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Ah, missed the Blue smart part.

Check the doc

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/VE.Smart_Networking/20723-VE_Smart_Networking-pdf-en.pdf

It lists compatible products and limitations.

2 |3000