question

krisro avatar image
krisro asked

VE-Net converter to connect with Cerbo GX

I have an old (2013) Lynx Shunt with VE-net connection to Blue Power Panel (and VE-bus to Quattro)

I want to replace the BPP with a Cerbo GX to connect to the new Quattro with firmware xxxx506 but the Cerbo has no VE-Net connection.
Can I use the VE-Net to VE-Bus converter VCC000200000 (or older version VCC000100000) to connect the Lynx to the Cerbo so it can read the current/voltage/SOC of the batteries?
Other option is to replace the Lynx Shunt with the new VE-Can version, but that is much more expensive than using the VCC (if it works).

cerbo gxVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

the VE net is not compatable with the Cerbo units all the old Blue power gear has been retired

you will need to replace the shunt with a new smartshunt as well

be carefull as if the quattron has a old small processor it cant be upgraded past 205 fw

so if the fw starts with 17 or 19 thats the small process if 26 or 27 thats the large process

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.