question

Tomáš Závodný avatar image
Tomáš Závodný asked

EV charger showing more power than is on AC load

1) EV charger shows more power, than is actually delivered. You can see this on VRM and also on EV charger display.. EV Charger works on L1 and L2, so maximum power EV charger delivers is 2278+2344 = aproximately 4622 but it shows 5360W. Where is bug?

2023-06-27-22-28-03-pn.png

2) layout of charger is different on VRM and on display

img-20230627-172837.jpg

evcs
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zaco avatar image zaco commented ·
Hi, did you find the cause of this problem? I am having the same issue now, an i can not figure it out.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
thekwchallenge avatar image
thekwchallenge answered ·

What do you have you're Power Calibration set as in the General tab? You can use this variable to allign the actual power consumed against the reported in the UI. Mine is set to 0.83 and is reasonably accurate now

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ac-d avatar image
ac-d answered ·

I also have the same issue and I have carried out the CP calibration several times. The problem is that there are different deviations depending on where I charge the car from. When the power comes directly from the PV system, the deviation is around 1000, as I shown in the photos. But when the power comes from the grid, the deviation is in the hundreds. Therefore, the power calibration for one case is not correct for the other.

I am still waiting for a solution here.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic