question

Tomáš Závodný avatar image
Tomáš Závodný asked

EV Charger firmware update failed 518

I have problem uploading firmware to EVCS. I am trying to use firmware file "EVCS_Main_FW_OTA_V01.25_C025.evcsup" but it always fails.

I tried to reset to factory, nothing helped. current version 3.3/1.22

2023-06-19-22-29-48-firefox.png

What else should I try?

evcs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Is the system online and added to the VRM Portal?

If yes, try the update using the VRM Portal.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tomáš Závodný avatar image Tomáš Závodný commented ·
Yes, it is added to VRM Portal, but I cannot find how to update it? I can see it in Portal > Device list, but there is no way to Update it. Please can You help me?

Tomas

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Tomáš Závodný commented ·

There is a button "Firmware Update" (you might need to activate two-way communication in the settings of the GX device)

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-firmware-update

1687964510468.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1687964510468.png (41.9 KiB)
Tomáš Závodný answered ·

Thanks for Your information. I activated two way communication and now Firmware Update button was available. Unfortunatelly the result is the same:

1687985219494.png

1687985219494.png (20.3 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Can you tell me the VRM portal ID? I can try from my side. Make sure the Wi-Fi signal is strong enough. If the communication is unstable, that will be the outcome.

2 |3000

Tomáš Závodný answered ·

@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff)

c0619ab34c57

WiFi signal is ok

please check it.

thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

EVCS was updated few hours ago, please check it.
Lucian

0 Likes 0 ·
Tomáš Závodný answered ·

Hi @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ,

thanks, You sucesfully update it to version 1.26-beta-2/4.3, I had connected to my WiFi and set it up. Unfortunatelly Cerbo sees EV charges double names.. I have two chargers, one ends with IP 192.168.15.202 (EVCS-VRATA), and second one IP 192.168.15.203 (EVCS-ROZVADEC). But in Cerbo (192.168.15.201) is only name EVCS-ROZVADEC but twice..

I had probably interrupted Your work, so I am sorry for that..

-tz

12 comments
2 |3000

restart your Cerbo, that should fix the issue above
0 Likes 0 ·
Tomáš Závodný avatar image Tomáš Závodný Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Reboot solved this. Thank You very much, You solved my problem.

Thanks.

Tomas Zavodny

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Tomáš Závodný commented ·
With pleasure!
0 Likes 0 ·
jiri-1 avatar image jiri-1 Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

snimek-obrazovky-2023-07-22-v211658.jpgHello, I have the same problem with EV Charger:

An error occurred during the update process. Please try again later!

Error Message: device-update: Connection error Error: 733

I tried update it through VRM and web page too. Restarted Cerbo but got same error. My VRM portal ID 48e7da887a07.

Can you please look at it?

snimek-obrazovky-2023-07-22-v211541.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ jiri-1 commented ·
Can you restart the EVCS and try again from the webpage of the device?
0 Likes 0 ·
owen-spa avatar image owen-spa Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff)

I am having a similar issue although not code 5.18.

This unit has firmware v1.22. When attempting update to 1.28 via browser and direct WiFi connection, the update fails at around 6 to 8% progress. When trying to update via VRM we get message Error 733 Connection Error and another box 1512 You dont have sufficient rights to perform this action. I have tried many times.

Can you please take a look? VRM 780473a9bcbb

Thank you, Owen.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, I will connect to your system today and keep you posted
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·
It seems the EVCS is disconnected from the network, can you check please? Also, the Internet connection on your GX is very bad, it's pretty hard to do anything, but I will try
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, it tried but the connection between GX and EVCS is very unstable, probably that's why firmware update is not working.

Below picture with a ping test between GX and EVCS, 60% lossimage-3.png

If you manage to improve the connection, and it is still not working, contact me.

1 Like 1 ·
image-3.png (45.5 KiB)
owen-spa avatar image owen-spa Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff). We have temporarily improved the WiFi connection and we still get the errors in the below image when trying to update firmware. We also cannot perform the update via laptop immediately in front of the charger. Any suggestions please?

1720147308441.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1720147308441.png (58.0 KiB)
owen-spa avatar image owen-spa owen-spa commented ·
@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) We tried the full factory reset and setup again. Same behaviour, cannot update via laptop in front of charger or remotely. Behaviour of charger during setup was erratic and trying to open pages via browser would take sometimes over 15 seconds to respond.
0 Likes 0 ·
owen-spa avatar image owen-spa owen-spa commented ·
We tried the factory reset with DEF button and was getting very erratic behaviour - pings from local laptop direct to charger of over 3000mS and lots of timeouts, whereas pings to CCGX were 6-9mS. Ping time would climb and fall, erratic behaviour with passwords. Many failed attempts at firmware update. We had virtually concluded there must be something wrong with the charger when we tried a DEF reset again, the setup did not request us to change the password, and finally, the firmware update worked and automatic charging mode seems to work. We are still getting long and changing ping times to the charger, but will keep an eye on operation.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic