question

Diriye Amey avatar image
Diriye Amey asked

MultiPlus 12/1600/70-16, VE.Bus BMS V2 and Cerbo GX on/off/charger only control

Good morning, I have a MultiPlus 12/1600/70-16 with BMS V2 victron, with Cerbo GX, I would like to turn off the inverter from the display panel as it consumes too much current for me during the day, I have read that it is not possible to do it with this model via Cerbo display, has anyone found a solution to turn off the inveter?

I find it quite absurd with all that Victron products cost, I can't turn it off from the display but have to buy a separate switch....'

Are there any victron switches that are compatible?

or do you know of any external package that I can install on the cerbo that will unlock my shutdown function?

cerbo gxmultiplus ve.bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Diriye Amey,

What do you mean with external switch and where did you read that it is not possible with the VE.Bus BMS V2?

If it has been correctly installed - make sure there is a VE.Bus cable running from your Cerbo to the Remote in panel of your VE.Bus BMS V2 - you should be able to turn the Multi off via the virtual switch from within the Multi menu on your Cerbo GX.

For the correct wiring see also the VE.Bus BMS V2 manual, System with a GX device, on/off switch and pre-alarm circuit chapter. The remote on/off switch is optional and turns off the whole system, the pre-alarm circuit is also optional.

bildschirmfoto-2023-04-13-um-080202.png

bildschirmfoto-2023-04-13-um-080214.png

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Diriye Amey avatar image Diriye Amey commented ·

Thank you for your response,

as you see from the image this function by me is disabled..

whatsapp-bild-2023-04-13-um-081621.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Diriye Amey commented ·

As mentioned above, make sure it is wired correctly.

Are you sure it is a VE.Bus BMS V2 and if so, have you installed a VE.Bus Smart Dongle or a Digital Multi Control Panel together with the Cerbo GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Diriye Amey avatar image
Diriye Amey answered ·

Thank you very much for the help I was able to solve the problem!

I had connected the cerbo GX to the Multiplus and not directly to the BMS V2.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

2 |3000

heinzie avatar image
heinzie answered ·

While i think i have the same question in my future set up, i would like some help/explanation then about following in the VE Bus BMS v2 manual. It says it is not possible but is seems t9 be possible, or do i missende something?

Screenshot_20240302_213857_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

2 |3000

Related Resources