question

andyp avatar image
andyp asked

Battery Capacity Setting in VEConfigure General Tab on a Parallel System

In a parallel Multiplus II setup, is the battery capacity divided by 2 (for a 2 Multiplus system) in a similar way that the "AC input current limit" is half of the total system?

untitled.png

I guess it depends on what the system does with this setting. This system has the ESS Assistant.

I guess it must effect the C rate for the Dynamic Discharge Cutoff in the ESS Assistant?

Does it effect the aggressiveness of the charger voltage control (or P term if it's a PID controller) when in Absorption (Constant Voltage) phase? This is the main question why I wonder if it's divided by 2 so each charger can supply half the oomph.

The ESS Summary shows the battery capacity for both the master and slave Multiplus. However, some settings are only shown in the master. This leads me to think that the slave needs to know the battery capacity but it is not for the Dynamic Cutoff as that doesn't appear in the slave ESS Summary.

untitled2.png

multiplus in parallel
untitled.png (47.8 KiB)
untitled2.png (36.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You enter the same value for 1 or 4 inverters, as the battery specs don't change with a parallel config, and the inverters function as one device.

Any special requirements would be documented in the config section of the parallel system guide.

The only real changes are for AC input and charger current limits.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.