question

screwdriversteve avatar image
screwdriversteve asked

Generator warm up and cool down not functioning on Cerbo gx and Quattro 24/5000

I have connected my generator auto start function to my GX device and Is working With the exception of the Warm up and cool down Function Period I have upgraded the Quattro To firm 508 And as well the latest firmware In the GX device. I have Checked All the settings As well as Other posts And I cannot seem to find A solution. Perhaps I need to use The relay contacts on the Quattro And not the GX device?

generator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
screwdriversteve answered ·
Just tested the generator cool down and is now working properly... the AC input must be labeled Generator in order for the GX device to do the cool down.
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

Check to see if there is a MK3 update for the cerbo. The new generator features will not function unless you also update the MK3 driver of the cerbo.

2 |3000

screwdriversteve answered ·

Thanks Derrick for the prompt reply I will check the MK3 next time I am at the boat. However the MK3 is only used for communicating with the device via my PC the GX device and Quattro are linked with the victron net. I believe I may have stumbled across the answer but I haven't had a chance to confirm it yet. I believe the AC input needs to be labeled generator. If this is the case that's unfortunate because I have a manual shipshore switch in front of the inverter so when I am connected to shore power it will think the generator is running

2 comments
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·

I am not referring to the MK3 adapter. The cerbo has an MK3 driver which it uses to communicate with the multi/quatro via ve.bus. as far as wether or not the ac input needs to be labeled as 'generator' in order for the warm up and cool down to function I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't think that would matter. What the label is on the ac input shouldn't have any effect on the generator start/stop logic being applied to the relay. If I am mistaken I am sure someone will chime in and correct me.

To check the MK3 driver version go to the Cerbo GX device list/inverter/device and scroll down to MK2 version. If an update is available it should show there.

0 Likes 0 ·
screwdriversteve avatar image screwdriversteve derrick thomas commented ·

Thanks I just checked that remotely and it is up to datescreenshot-20240102-165628-chrome.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

as you have a quattro, wire the generator to ac2 in and shore power to ac1 in, and do away with your manual change over switch.

2 comments
2 |3000

screwdriversteve avatar image screwdriversteve commented ·
Rewiring a 60 ft boat is not really an option. I have multiple Shore connections a 17 KW generator and balancing Transformers. Major Enterprise to redo it all.
0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas screwdriversteve commented ·
Check out Kevin Windrem's ExtTransferSwitch mod. You may be able to use it to incorporate your existing transfer switch with the Cerbo in order to achieve automatic ac current limit switching between shore/Gen and auto switching of the input type in the Cerbo.
0 Likes 0 ·