question

gareth3403030 avatar image
gareth3403030 asked

Cerbo GX Analog input for switch

I have a motorised valve connected to relay two but i would like some feedback to know if the valve managed to fully open or close when being operated remotely.

1704898913830.png
I have an option for a common wire then a open and close signal. I'm after some ideas what i could use with my cerbogx to get this connected up and to either display this data on the dashboard or in nodered.

Node-REDswitchanalog
1704898913830.png (91.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Gareth3403030 the diagram looks over my head tbh but I would use two shelly switches for this and node red. (However probably also possible with a shelly custom driver).

One shelly switch activates the motorised valve via node red or some other manual switch. And another shelly switch to monitor for either the closed/open signal whatever you prefer.

In node red you activate the shelly switch1 using httpnode. You then loop/wait and keep checking shelly switch2 to see if it's input switch is activated. If not after x second interval (being the time it normally takes for valve to open) then you know it's failed.

In UK heating systems the open signal wire would be the orange but your diagram looks different to that.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.