question

cflenker avatar image
cflenker asked

Precision and consistency of 2023-kWh-Values of different sources

At the end of the year 2023 I took the chance to evaluate the performance of my victron installation. (Fronius SYMO 8.2, 2x MPPT 150/60, 3x Multiplus 3000, DIY battery 13.4kWh with 16xEVE LF280K-Cells).

I had 4 different sources for the kWh-Values of 2023:

1. RasperryPI with FHEM (I read all power values via MQTT from Victron Cerbo, made an average every 30seconds and integrated the power to get the energy).

2. official electricity-meter from my grid power supplier.

3. Fronius/MPPT-Values. PV-Production values from my Fronius inverter (from solarweb.de) and the production values directly from my MPPTs.

4. VRM-Portal. The values that are calculated by the VRM-Portal.

Here are my results:

1704225371034.png

The sources 1.-3. were quite close together.

But I had quite big differences to the VRM-Portal values.

Especially the gird consumption that was shown on the VRM-Portal (829kWh) was much bigger than my Raspi calculated (398kWh) and my power-grid-provider measured with the official grid-power-meter (379kWh).

In this case I trust the official grid-power-meter.

Does someone have an idea where this is coming from?

Another big difference is the amount of power to the loads (Raspi 3433kWh, VRM-Portal: 2333kWh). In this case one reason may be that the losses of the charger/inverter as well as the self consumption of the mppts are considered as "loads" in my calculation in the Raspi. But nevertheless - the difference is quite big.

I would be happy to hear about your experiances!

VRM
1704225371034.png (27.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
cflenker avatar image
cflenker answered ·

Maybe the PV-Power that goes from the DC-coupled MPPTs to the loads (MPPT => Multiplus => Loads) is not considered as "consumption"-power in the VRM-Portal? This seems to be a big part of the difference:
1704227727805.png

1704227727805.png (27.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

cflenker avatar image
cflenker answered ·

I would be happy to hear if someone could share his experience.

How good does the VRM-Portal-kWh-values match to the kWh-values you are paying for?

I am operating (together with a friend) 5 victron system (all very similar). And I have this big deviation with all of my systems. Is it a problem of my systems? Or is it a problem of the VRM-Portal?

I assume that the powermeter of my power supplier is well calibrated (because I am paying according to this powermeter).

Thank you!

2 |3000