question

Anders avatar image
Anders asked

VRM weather "too cold" - What location is used?

We have rather cold weather in Norway these days, but temperature difference between down in the valley and up on the mountain is huge.

I have "pinned" my location accurately but I get the feeling that VRM use a more Zip code type of location that then becomes rather inaccurate.

Right now the temp outside is -13°C according to local weather forecast yr.no, actual outside temp is -12°C, but VRM shows -26°C. Yr's local weather for the nearby valley is -25°.

Are there any way to adjust this on my side?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I guess it's using data from the closest possible public available weather station.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Anders

Be aware that the Temp shown doesn't follow the Realtime thing. You have to reload the page to get a current value.

2 |3000

ppr avatar image
ppr answered ·

In my oppinion it would be tranmendously beeing able to configure a local used weather station if you already have one. Thies, Davis or a Loxone station, Modbus or RS-485, and you can have all the details needed.

2 |3000

Anders avatar image
Anders answered ·

In Norway there is publically available temperature (and weather forecast) for every location - it's not limited to actual weather stations, towns or ZIP codes.

2 |3000