question

rostyvyg avatar image
rostyvyg asked

What's Wrong with Victron Warranty Service?

I've been a strong fan of Victron products for years and my boat 12V system now overwhelmingly consists of Victron components. All of them have been installed by reputable Victron dealers here in the US. The quality and user-friendliness of Victron products are far above anything else on the market.

The warranty service is atrocious, though. Seriously. I have a Victron SuperCycle 170Ah battery (part of my house battery bank, purchased along with 3 other similar batteries) that internally short-circuited in November 2023. My dealer submitted a warranty claim at the end of November 2023 and it took him 2 weeks(!) to have the claim even acknowledged. It is January 2024 and Victron still has not made any decision regarding the claim. When my dealer follows up he is given an answer that they are overwhelmed with battery warranty claims and "please wait a few more days". I am stuck in the Miami area now because of the battery issue and am constantly delaying crossing to the Bahamas where I hoped to spend a few months. What bothers me is uncertainty. How can they at this day and time not provide reasonable feedback for a claim in process? To see this lack of communication from one of the most technologically advanced companies defies any logic. And what am I to do now? Wait indefinitely?

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

Not attempting to make excuses here as I do see your side here, but rather reason on things.

The first two weeks are not Victrons fault. That is more local.

If the dealer took two weeks if he was busy it is reasonable to expect the same from Victron, who have a small internal workforce.

Then with complications of the Christmas period and service and supply industry shutting down and being hampered further delays. Most places I know only started opening doors 4th January and then many will only open next week 8th. In reality while much more time has passed there has not been alot of productive days in the workshops for most companies.

It is not normal for the longer delay though. Or at least it has not been so in my experience.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic