question

carsten2 avatar image
carsten2 asked

One phase meter. How to hide L2 und L3 from display

I have a grid Meter which does only give one value of total power. If I just write this to /Ac/Power the meter is not recognized. I also have to write this to /Ac/L1/Power. Why? And is there a possibility to hide all these unnecssary values for L2 and L3 from the display?

1669843089280.png

system integration
1669843089280.png (18.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@carsten2 What system do you have? Did you set the system up in VE configure? need a fair bit more info please.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

carsten2 avatar image
carsten2 answered ·

I wrote a service on a venus device (raspberry) which fills the above values from a single phase meter into dbus actually it is a three phase meter, but it delivers only the sum of all phases).

2 |3000

Ibraheem H avatar image
Ibraheem H answered ·

@carsten2

I'm currently trying to write a script for a Shelly EM (single phase) for this, based on other scripts I've found around the forum.

What I found was that if you ignore the dbus paths for /L2/ and /L3/ and only initialise/update for /L1/ and the "total" paths, the L2 and L3 phases are not populated. See:

https://github.com/ibraheemhlaiyil/dbus-shelly-em-grid-meter/blob/main/dbus-shelly-em-grid-meter.py

If you initialise /L2/ and /L3/ paths, then they will be at least set to 0, if no further updates are provided. Not initialising them at all shows up "-" on the console and only "L1" is displayed on the dashboard screen.

On another note, I'm having trouble getting my device to show up on the "Energy Meters" screen, even though the device shows up fine on the devices screen. I have not yet installed a Multiplus (I have just GX, batteries and MPPTs currently) so was thinking that might be the issue, but have seen posts where people have suggested that they did not have an inverter yet had the energy meter show up on the "Energy Meters" screen so not sure on that one.

2 |3000

carsten2 avatar image
carsten2 answered ·

I did the same thing, i.e. fill out only L1 and total. I think your display in devices is the same. My question was if there is a possibility to hide L2/L3 from the devices settings.

2 |3000

gerard-van-seventer avatar image
gerard-van-seventer answered ·

Did anyone found out how to hide (the always 0 values) L2 and L3 on a single phase system in both the console and vrm?

2 |3000

Craig Robinson avatar image
Craig Robinson answered ·

I have a similar problem showing L2, L3 when system is only a single phase but does have multi 5K in parallel looked everywhere but can only do it when on site as the remote console don't work it also shows on the VRM portal L1, L2, L3. there are no meters connected as this is pure of grid. any help would be great

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic