question

fisherman avatar image
fisherman asked

Via bluetooth VE is visable to everbody

So I was wondering. Is it possible to pair my smart devices to something like a account/phone, and then the devices are not visable anymore to everbody else. Now, when somebody is walking by my RV and has a VictronConnect app, that person can see almost all my devices. I think this can be a really easy way of finding out what kinds of vallue there are in a boat or RV and maybe people will try to steal.

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Fisherman

Unfortunately the way BT works is basically broadcasts indiscriminately. So not really. BT has a limited range so ther person would have to be pretty close.

The other way is to connect to a Cerbo/GX and switch off the Bluetooth and just have the Cerbo WiFi broadcast (so one device now WiFi not BT).

Or if you really want incognito to a router that is a hidden network. Switch off the Cerbo BT and hotspot.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.