question

Jim Ryan avatar image
Jim Ryan asked

How can I edit or change the 'VRM instance' numbers?

Dear Community,
How can I edit or change the 'VRM instance' numbers so that my three MPPT RS units appear in the order in the VRM dashboard and Victron Connect in the order that I want them to?
I see questions from others reporting problems with their VRM instance numbers changing themselves, or being duplicated, but I don't see any mention of how to edit the instance numbers once they are assigned. If indeed they are assigned based upon the serial number of the equipment, how is this order determined in a complex alpha-numeric serial numbering system?
Thank you for your suggestions.
Jim

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Jim Ryan I disconnect the MPPT's, then 'Remove disconnected devices' from the Device List, then reconnected them in the order I want them to appear in.
1702308742602.png

1702308742602.png (44.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jim Ryan avatar image
Jim Ryan answered ·

Thank you Jason....that makes sense. But a follow-up question....when I do this Jason will I erase the historical production data from the three units?
Thank you again!
Cheers,
Jim

1 comment
2 |3000

Jason - UK avatar image Jason - UK commented ·
@Jim Ryan When I took the above screenshot earlier, I disconnected my VE.Direct cable just to allow me to capture the bottom text, I then reconnected it and I can access historic data before disconnecting so all good, both VRM and on Victron Connect. Good question as I wasn't 100% myself.
0 Likes 0 ·
Jim Ryan avatar image
Jim Ryan answered ·

Super!!
Thank you again Jason!
Cheers,
Jim

2 |3000