question

pbeelien avatar image
pbeelien asked

Still can't reliably access real time VRM

Hello, I am able to access the VRM and have it show real time data when I am on the boat through my boat/marina wifi on any of my devices, but when I leave the boat wifi area, it will only show the data up to when I left the boat either at my home computer or any of my mobile devices ... why? I've tried logging out and back in, but no change.screenshot-2023-05-25-at-73520-pm.jpg

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Do you have WiFi coverage when the boat is out of the marina?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pbeelien avatar image pbeelien commented ·

I have not had the opportunity to take the boat out yet (marina is tending to some repairs), but otherwise yes, I have a Peplink router and Starlink along with a wifi booster to tap into our phone hot spots and marina wifi. Even now when I try to connect remotely, the app says the Cerbo is off line and will only show me data when I was last at the boat. I can remotly check my current wifi connections through the Peplink router and it does show that the Cerbo is connected and the wifi connection is good. I will be at the boat today and will check again to see if the VRM updates locally and perhaps toggle the VRM two way communication again and maybe try a reboot. This all seemed to happen after the VRM problems communicated on this site earlier this week, prior to that, everything was fine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin Silbernagl avatar image
Martin Silbernagl answered ·

I think we may have the same problem. The marina's Wifi works fine, but when your Cerbo attempts to connect through the Peplink, an incompatibility blocks Internet connectivity: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/245869/why-do-cerbo-cx-devices-fail-to-get-internet-conne.html

2 |3000