question

pablooo avatar image
pablooo asked

Victron AGM Super Cycle temperature compensation

I'm getting confused. I can't find the temperature compensation value for the AGM Super Cycle battery.

It says that the recommended temperature compensation for Victron VRLA batteries is -4 mV/cell (-24 mV/°C for a 12V battery).

So I deduce that these are the values that should be applied to the MPPT charger? Is this correct?

What I find strange is that when I choose the AGM parameters on the MPPT charger, the default values are always -16.2 mV/°C.

These default parameters should be set to -24 mV/°C when choosing this type of battery, shouldn't they?

temperature compensation
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

The default voltage compensation in the MPPT is the same for all battery types, it would be ideal if it was different for the various types and that it matched Victron's own batteries. However, it is always worth checking the individual battery manufacturer's data. I have the Victron Telecom AGM batteries and have set my temperature compensation to -24mV/°C.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pablooo avatar image
pablooo answered ·

Thank you for your reply. Yes, it would be good if Victron could adapt it directly to the model chosen. That would avoid confusion.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic