question

darkproximity avatar image
darkproximity asked

Quattro-II 2x120 not obeying charge current control assistant

I recently commissioned a Quattro-II 2x120 and setup two charge current control assistants.

One sets current to 0a and turns off charger when current should be 0 when AC in 2 (shore) is active.

The second sets current to 120a and turns off charger when current should be 0 when AC in 1 (generator) is active.

Everything works fine on generator. When on shore the Quattro-II constantly switches from pass through to bulk to pass through repeatedly for 10 to 15 seconds or so. Eventually it will stay in pass through for 20 seconds or so before going back to cycling the charger on and off. When it changes to bulk it does show additional power draw from shore and current going to the battery.

It seems as though it is fighting against another setting and i cant seem to figure out why. Any help is appreciated!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerchargerAssistants
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I think the lowest you can set it 1amp. Not 0amp? I will have to check. And you have set it to apply to both inputs?
0 Likes 0 ·
darkproximity avatar image darkproximity Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I have one assistant to "turn off" the charger on input 2 and one to turn it on to full on input 1
0 Likes 0 ·
darkproximity avatar image darkproximity commented ·

Here's a video of the behavior

0 Likes 0 ·
darkproximity avatar image darkproximity commented ·
i wonder if its possible to scrap using the assistants and set something up in node red instead?
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ darkproximity commented ·
Possibly may be easier, there is much finer control there.
1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
darkproximity avatar image
darkproximity answered ·

It seems as though my thought process was flawed. Turns out I did not need a second assistant to reenable charging when generator is the active power source.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.