question

david-ranger avatar image
david-ranger asked

Charge volts at what temperature

I have a Multiplus 2 3000 24v and am confused as to setting the battery Charge settings at temperature. My Batteries are Rolls 4d which are looking for 29.4/27.6 (Charge/Float) settings at 25c (77c). Currently my batteries are at 8c (46.4f). On the Rolls table that shows settings of about 30/28. Should I be setting the Charger based on the current temperature or based on 25c (77f). Both the Victron and Rolls documentation seem ambiguous as they don't specifically express this. Also both tables dont state a storage voltage. Is there a rule?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Do you have a temperature sensor on the battery because ideally you should have and then set the temperature compensation setting so the Multiplus varied the charging voltage as the temperature varies.

4290-1563069873994.png

if you do not have a temperature sensor then you can manually change the charging voltages manually for summer and winter until you get a sensor. When you have a sensor the voltages set are the 25degC ones and the battery datasheet should have info for the temperature compensation setting.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.