question

johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack asked

Remote console has been working but stopped

I have been using the remote console on a Touch 50 and on VRM. Tonight I went to the Touch 50 screen, switched to the generator control screen, and manually started my generator. The generator started as usual and after about a 30 second delay, it began providing power. The Remote Console display on the Touch 50 began showing the grid and current limit, just like always. About 5 minutes into operation, the generator was turned off and the Touch 50 display went blank.

I tried a power cycle of the Cerbo GX but nothing changed. I unplugged the Touch 50 from power and disconnected the HDMI but nothing changed. I disconnected power and HDMI, waited 10 minutes, reconnected but no improvement. I logged into the VRM portal and call up the remote console. The screen is white and blank with the blue control pad showing. I logged into the local address and see the same thing.

I manually started the generator and it runs normally and the Multiples II 2X120 are working charging my battery and distributing AC like normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions. My Cerbo GX is running firmware v3.01. It shows "Remote Console on VRM Enabled and up.". I tried powering down the Touch 50 for 30 minutes and then powering it back up. The screen briefly showed "Victron Energy Starting and then went to a blank white screen.

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
felizcortez avatar image
felizcortez answered ·

My cerbo gx also is giving a white screen tonight. I was messing with signal K and thought it might have something to do with those changes. I gave guimods installed and also the large Venus os. I can still access the vrm portal, but not remote console. I noticed their was an update to guimods this evening, maybe it broke something.

Anyone else having this same issue?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bluewally avatar image
bluewally answered ·

Any solution for this, i have the same and no idea what to do. Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
There was a bug that was fixed in the new 3.31 update.
0 Likes 0 ·
johnjaymack avatar image
johnjaymack answered ·

@bluewally, I believe what happened to me was a software update that created some problems. As I recall, I had automatic updates enabled. From what I know now, that is probably a bad idea. I had to update the software in all of my devices to get things back to working.

As a point of information, I enabled a form of generator cool down period that was working with GUI Mods. This function worked flawlessly for two weeks straight in January. In February, my Cerbo GX HDMI port died. The Cerbo was replace under warranty. The first step of the replacement was to update the software. The new software caused problems with GUI MODS and invalidated the generator cool down function.

I am still trying to get my system back to a fully functioning and stable condition. Updating software may give you access to new features, and I believe that the Victron software engineers are working hard on new features and functions, but updating software is not for the faint of heart. When it works cleanly, it is all smiles. When problems crop up, you have some work ahead to get back to a stable system.

2 |3000