question

tk21 avatar image
tk21 asked

Parallel use of Blue Smart IP22 and Smart Solar MPPT with one battery possible?

I found misleading information in the internet and just want to be sure if and how I can use both Blue Smart IP22 and Smart Solar MPPT in parallel in my camper. The Blue Smart IP22 charger is used on the campsite with 230V input and the Smart Solar MPPT 100/15 together with the solar panel on the roof. Both will be connected to the same battery (utility battery). The systems istself is not connected to the cars‘s starter battery but only the utility battery.

So, do both devices communicate with each other via bluetooth or how will the one know from the other how is the battery status? And is there any possibility to give priority to either the solar or the grid charger? Is there any risk that the two chargers will badly interact with themselves due to both are ‚intelligent‘ chargers? Thanks for your support.

MPPT SmartSolarbluesmart ip22campervan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Firstly they will work together without a problem.

Charging is based on battery voltage as you charge. Set the solar voltage levels slightly higher to give it more priority. But stay within the battery makers recommendations.

Charge rate of the two added together should not exceed your desired battery charge rate.

You may be able to synch the chargers with a smart network over bluetooth, but I am ignorant where that's concerned. Hopefully someone else will chip in.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@tk21

The blue smart IP 22 can be smart networked.

They will work quite fine as two individuals on the same battery if set correctly.

For a truky cohesive setup use a bmv in the network

0 Likes 0 ·
nairbbrian avatar image nairbbrian commented ·
That is the perfect answer. As an electrician, without solar expertise, i need to know these answers before i connect devices ,thanks again .regards Brian
0 Likes 0 ·
Cristian avatar image
Cristian answered ·
2 |3000