question

kolhusby avatar image
kolhusby asked

Lynx Smart BMS & charging circuit issues

OK I’m working on my system that incorporates a multiplus 2 48 V DC charger a lynx smart BMS 500, a Cerbo GX unit and multiple smart shunts as well as a BMV 700 digital gauge. This is all the Victron equipment I’m running.

In my circuit I have the BMS 500 connected to my charger, and when I enable the BMS 500 on I hear the contactor close yet I keep getting faults and charging current is not going to my batteries. The fault codes I am getting are W- B06 and W-B01.

In my troubleshooting manual it says that this might because of low battery voltage this wouldn’t make any sense because this whole circuit is designed for charging batteries that are low on voltage, so did I choose the wrong equipment and do I need to find another contactor? because that’s all I’m really using the lynx Smart BMS for not primarily for BMS monitoring. I have my own BMS monitoring system through Vero energy.

Please help me. I am an electronics technician, but I am stuck at the moment.

Kol

victron productsvictron communitylynx bms
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kolhusby

The Lynx BMS is probably waiting for a signal from the Victron Smart Lithium batteries. Since that is was designed to be used with. See the product page.

The online manual has the error codes here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

LED indications, warnings, alarm and error codes

Lynx Smart BMS product page

Lynx Smart BMS online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic