question

multivictor avatar image
multivictor asked

ESS STATUS error #51: Multiplus II update necessary?

Since a few days an error message #51 appears in the "Remote console" /ESS/Status: #51 mk3 firmware needs update - see device list => Inverter/Charter entry".

Does this mean that my Multiplus II needs to undergo a necessary update?

In the device list I find that the current firmware of the MPII is "V487" and there is a firmware update available to "V506".

Is it recommended to perform this update or is it better to stick with the existing version? Everything seems to be running smoothly under V487 at the moment.

Is it safe to implement the update via the VRM or can something go wrong with negative consequences for the system and am I therefore better off as a user?

Thx for advice.

Multiplus-IIess settings
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

multivictor avatar image
multivictor answered ·

Thx Matthias, the MK3 update went smoothly and took just a matter of seconds and no system resart required.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes