question

marekp avatar image
marekp asked

#51 mk3 firmware needs update

Can someone explain what is this notification about?

Cannot clear it.

Where in "Device list" I can find "Inverter/charger entry" and what should be done with it?

screen-shot-2023-10-12-at-114601-am.pngscreen-shot-2023-10-12-at-115040-am.png

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

There will be a mk3 update option on the GX console under the inverter entry, scroll down. It's not on VRM.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image marekp commented ·

@nickdb

Thank you for pointing me to the correct "Device list" :)

When I got there I was faced with this information:

screen-shot-2023-10-12-at-121544-pm.png

What this NOTE is telling me?

Will I be faced with a temporary blackout?

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ marekp commented ·
There is a very small chance the inverter might restart. Never had it happen to any of mine but they warn you none the less.
0 Likes 0 ·
achimbdw avatar image achimbdw nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Is the power supply to the cerbo gx interrupted when restarting?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ achimbdw commented ·

Hi, not if you power the Cerbo from the battery.

But in the (unlikely) chance that in your system the Cerbo is powered using a AC/DC power adapter on the output of the inverter, then yes.

In general: that update is usually harmless, and in some cases it triggers an inverter restart, very short (seconds) outage of AC power.

Its due to a bug: once updated this time, we don’t expect that to happen again in future updates.

Ps. See also Cerbo GX manual, it has an entry for this error code.

1 Like 1 ·
boo avatar image
boo answered ·

Would this update cause any settings changes to the inverter? I'm having this message, but will not be on-site for months.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
MK3 is simply communications. No effect on settings.

The one to avoid is the multiplus operating system. It can be done, but it's more involved and usually not needed

0 Likes 0 ·
electrical-revolution avatar image
electrical-revolution answered ·

I've updated over 20 sites, non of them have had problems, but the notice is there for a reason. I would advise to contact the client while update.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic