question

termic6 avatar image
termic6 asked

How long is 100% SOC needed for Pylontech battery bank?

I want to charge my EV as soon as my battery bank reaches 100% SOC with PV Energy.

How long does a Pylontech US5000 battery bank need to be at 100% SOC before I start draining it again for charging my EV? (for a good balancing and life time of the battery)

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Best ask Pylontech.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Cell balancing is generally less than 1 hour on a healthy bank.

It also depends on how often it gets to 100%.

0 Likes 0 ·
dirk-s avatar image
dirk-s answered ·

When the Pylontech switch to 100% you can start to discharge. In this moment also balancing should be already finished. You can check it by yourself. If SOC is 100% and you go in to remote console of Venus OS, go to battery and details. When the voltage differences between lowest and highest cell is equal or lower than 0,030 V, it definitely stopped. You can check this also and better in VRM advanced view. Cell voltage view of your Pylontech.

I am absolutely sure about this answer. I use 6 US3000C for two years now an observed the charging an balancing process in detail. Balancing is usually finished before switching to 100% and needs around 15 minutes. Seldom more.

2 |3000