question

Al avatar image
Al asked

MPPT 75/15 max battery capacity?

Currently I have a MPPT 75/15 connected to a singe 100Ah lithium battery. Does this charge controller has a maximum battery size it can charge? Say for example I add a second 100Ah battery in parallel.

Would it be able to charge that 200Ah total?

charge controller compatibility
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
luphi avatar image
luphi answered ·

doubling the capacity simply doubles the required charging time, independent from the charger you use as long as the charger fits to battery voltage and battery chemistry

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@Al Would it be able to charge that 200Ah total?

Yes it would, given enough sun, panels, and time...

Would it be practical to recharge a 200Ah battery at a max of 15a? Not for regular use, or under less than ideal solar conditions.

2 |3000

Al avatar image
Al answered ·

Cool. Thanks I really appreciate your help.. I just bought a Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12/15. Can that do 200Ah too?

2 |3000

christern avatar image
christern answered ·

To my understanding (and experience) all sources for charging, no matter the power of the charger, gives you charging. It is just a matter of time. In practice you must get enough charging compared to your consumption.

Take solar as an example. A cloudy day, or even several, might give almost nothing during this period. That means you need a bigger battery (bank) if you need continuous supply.

So, your chargers will do fine as long as they can provide what you consume.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic