question

florian-g avatar image
florian-g asked

Restart Victron MultiPlus-II GX via network command

Sometimes my Victron MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 GX looses connection to the energy counter (Shelly 3EM). The value freezes and the MultiPlus starts discharging.

I can detect that via home assistant. So far I always had to restart the GX in the web-interface manually.

Is there any possibility to restart the system with a web command (eg. Modbus)?

Thank you very much!

Multiplus-IIModbus TCP
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

you can restart it by logging on with ssh and doing a restart, but this is about as complex as doing it through the remote console. It cannot be done by modbus.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Maybe turning the Multiplus off and on again with register 33 will do what you want.

1=Charger Only;2=Inverter Only;3=On;4=Off

Or maybe a VE.bus reset with register 62. /SystemReset

1=VE.Bus reset

2 |3000

jonofe avatar image
jonofe answered ·

You could configure SSHD with public key authentication and then you can trigger the reboot via

ssh <venus-ip> reboot

from HA without being asked for a password.

2 |3000