question

lc10w avatar image
lc10w asked

Bluetooth signal boost?

I have an overland camper-truck, and while I can receive the Bluetooth signals from my Victron devices in the habitation space, I can't receive the signals in the cab.

Is there any way to boost or repeat the signal?

My Orion dc-dc appears to be overcharging, but I need to be driving in the cab to watch my phone app to see when it is spiking?

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Unfortunately there is no way to boost the BT signal of the Orion-Tr Smart beyond removing obstructions between the unit and your receiver, or moving closer.

When you say "appears to be overcharging", what do you mean?

If you're seeing voltage spikes, check the circuit between the Orion and the target battery bank, including connections and breakers/fuses, check the unit programming, and check that a perceived voltage spike is not just a result of a target battery BMS shutting off charging current. Many erroneous reports of over-voltage are not the VE device but just a result of an LFP BMS shutting off the incoming charge current, which will cause a brief spike in voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.