question

grzesiek avatar image
grzesiek asked

TurboEnergy and Pylontech MIX

Hello...

already I have TurboEnergy 2,4kWh x4 and would like to add 2x Pylontech US2000

it will work ok with battery life? Or its not possible?

All will work under cerbo GX and 3x MPII 5000VA

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

9 Answers
grzesiek avatar image
grzesiek answered ·

Hey... no one could say anything?

The only one way to put same units?

Please help someone.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solarmax-canarias avatar image
solarmax-canarias answered ·

works perfectly

2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Grzesiek

Ideally you would want all the same battery in a bank. The turbo max are already a non officially supported battery. Pylontec have a section in their manual where they specifically say not to mix other batteries with them.

Do you want them to all be data linked and connected electrically together?

There is no way to predict how the communication would work, if it will work correctly. Or even if the Pylontec and the turbos would be ok together. Do they say they work together?

They are both 15s batteries, seem to have similar needs with regards to charged voltages, so could be. But that is not be an official answer. You would have to try and give feedback entirely at your own risk.

If @Solarmax Canarias could offer more insight, especially if they have tried it, that would be helpful.

1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
Pylon warranty will be voided as per their terms about mixing.
1 Like 1 ·
grzesiek avatar image
grzesiek answered ·

Thanks You all a lot... so now i know how to upgrade mine Victrons !

2 |3000

grzesiek avatar image
grzesiek answered ·

Hello again... at least I connected everything. And...

Got a problem. Cerbo GX doesn't see Pylontech Module... TurboEnergy also.

It works because victron getting data from distributor (bars)

Is someone know how should i connect it togather?

I did:

Cerbo GX BMS-Can port -> Cable Type B -> Pylontech A/Can Port -> All other Pylontech -> then TurboEnergy.

What I did wrong?

Please help.

2 |3000

grzesiek avatar image
grzesiek answered ·

I did cerbo reset... and worked... but now got internal falire alarm.

i set DVDC maximum charge at 52V then 51.8V and still error on 1 packed....

2 |3000

grzesiek avatar image
grzesiek answered ·

Ill make answer for mysefl (and maybe other would like it too)

Its work... till now Errors gone.

What i did?

Just unplug rj45 cable that connecting modules. Pylontech and Turboenergy doesnt like be connected together. So unplug them.

I did connection from Cerbo VE-CAN -> Turboenergy Cable -> Master part CAN.

so Pylontech is connected alone from BMS-Can port

and TurboEnergy connected alone by VE-CAN.

hope it will work... for forever :)

anyway Victron doesnt suppor TurboEnergy that why there is no show anything in Cerbo? Right?

2 |3000

Richard Norman avatar image
Richard Norman answered ·

Hi I had 4 Pylontech 3000C units and mistakenly based on a slightly dubious advert where it wasnt obvious that I was purchasing Turoenergy batteries added two additional 3000C Turbo energy units to my stack and I have been able to successfully add the Turbo energy units to the existing Pylon 3000C stack.

Internally they are of the same BMS type the Turboenergy units are a branding version specifically for the spanish market only so the only affect is the warranty which is still frustrating given the pricing difference.

I have one of the 3000C Pylon as the master in the stack and they properly identify as 6 batteries in a stack and present the voltage and temperature via the VRM portal and local Display correctly.

If you were to promote one of your 2000C units to be the master you might find that you can treat them as a single stack with the pylon doing the Smart BMS communication and the Turbo using RS485 to the other batteries.

2 |3000

grzesiek avatar image
grzesiek answered ·

I did connection again. And Victron detected TURBO ENERGY in GX. So got control over all.

Pylontech connected from BMS-Can

TurboEnergy from VE-CAN but communication set to 500kb/s then all is working.

that should be end of problems by now :)

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic