screenshot-20230517-203318-youtube.jpg

This is a screenshot from Andy...

My version :

screenshot-20230517-203348-vrm.jpg

screenshot-20230517-203406-vrm.jpg

I Can not find this setting anymore ...

cerbo gxBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

its part of the beta GX v3 code, which will be public shortly. Though you can update to it by changing update settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered ·

sweet , thanks for the tip!

i see it

2 |3000

dadeppa avatar image
dadeppa answered ·

Thank you for raising this question Kristof,

I had the same issue, updated and now I can select it.

Unfortunately I have a new problem now: When I disable the Seplos BMS control, my DC coupled PV system will not feed in the overproduction to the grid nor control the 0 W of the smart meter.
May this be a poblem because I do not install a SmartShunt, yet. Or might this be an other issue?

Best Regards,

Andreas

2 comments
2 |3000

Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. commented ·
hoi Andreas,

The overproduction ( DC feedin ) works for me , but the voltage is than for me to high ( what is normal when you activate this function) , so i disabled this function (no feedin anymore here)

The 0W grid control = i have that problem also with this version -42 , even when i set the control to -20w , i see about 500w of grid use everyday ( total use ) .

I did not go back to the "official version " because i need the "no bms function" , so when there is an official version release i will test that more.

0 Likes 0 ·
dadeppa avatar image dadeppa Kristof G. commented ·

ahoi Kristof,

thank you for the fast reply. Do you have a smart shunt installed in your system then? I tried to not use the shunt and rely on the SEPLOS shunt inside the BMS, but I experienced the problem, that my system starts swinging from the battery current point of view. I am in fear that this will be bad concerning the battery lifetime in total:1685365022822.png

So that is why I want to switch. For my installation (without the smart shunt I guess) the 0 W control does not work, regardless of the setpoint. To minimise the grid drawn power I wanted to enable the DC feed in, so that control loop swings will be covered by PV overproduction. I mean, It is not much (~ 0.5 to 1.5 kWh per day, but ... why should I :) ).

I will stick to this version, too and wait for my shunt to arrive and to be installed.

0 Likes 0 ·
1685365022822.png (659.4 KiB)
Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered ·

I have a Seplos system too , 4x 10E version ,

i have a lynx shunt and read the data from the Seplos to the Victron system , but ( i know its to bad to pay a lot for BMS and not using it full potention ) i use nothing from the Seplos BMS , the only thing "he" must do is protect my Cells for over and under-voltage .

All the rest is controlled by Victron - ESS - DVCC - LYNX SHUNT

i come from a lead acid battery and that was already kinda the configuration i had and that was werking perfect for me in the past ...

question , how to you get that stats ( pictures ) from the Seplos , i use the 'battery monitor v2.1.12' version andreas1.png

My Setup : http://kg666.ddns.net:31000/index.php/s/J9spnTjyRESoeLo

If you want , you can email me

andreas1.png (21.4 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

dadeppa avatar image dadeppa commented ·
I will change it to tis setup. We made a bulk order from akkudoktor forum and ordered from a supplier in China 16S battery packs with SEPLOS BMS and NEEY Balancer.

We have a WhatsApp group and someone recommented me to have a look at the video, where you took the screenshot from :)

As I said, I hoped, that the BMS would be more ... communicative and .... integratable - but I was proven wrong.

I tried to find an e-mail address of you but was unable to find it. Is it possible to write PMs here?

I have an ioBroker installation running, combined with influx DB and Grafana. The Seplos BMS is connected via RS485 to an adapter (pusr iot, which translates the serial commands to ethernet), because I do not want a µC with step down converter operated as a gateway. I wrote a Javascript for ioBroker which reads out the data from the BMS and stores them into ioBroker objects. I think it should be easily changable to an RS484 USB serial adapter connected to an ioBroker installation. Code is in akkudoktor forum, Post is in German, but I think you will get the idea.

0 Likes 0 ·
jefffay avatar image jefffay dadeppa commented ·
I'm doing the same with 2 x 10E BMS's. I have them communicating with one another and plugged into the Cerbo so I have information from the BMS but the BMS does not have control of anything other than over / under voltage, current and temp.
2 Likes 2 ·
andyknownasabu avatar image
andyknownasabu answered ·

Dear all, specifically @Kristof G. and @jefffay

I only found this thread now and it's highly relevant to me. I currently have one (soon two) 10E Seplos battery (with Neey active balancer) and a SmartShunt right in front of them, configured as a battery monitor. I am struggling quite a bit to get them working together nicely.

@Kristof G. The attachment/picture in your last post doesn't work anymore unfortunately. Would you mind to post your setup/settings again here (Seplos BMS and Victron)? I'd like to give these a try as I didn't manage yet to get the battery working well yet.

@jefffay Same - would you mind to post your setup/settings as well (Seplos BMS and Victron)?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 |3000