question

fordens avatar image
fordens asked

How to start an appliance when batteries are 100%

Hi all,

I want to start my washer dryer automatically when batteries are at 100% charge level and switch the appliance off when the battery reaches say 65%. Is there a relay or some Victron equipment that I can connect to my Lynx BMS?

This is a Lynx BMS with Cerbo and a bank of Victron lithium batteries in place, charged with solar panels via Victron MPPT

Relay
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

You could use node red on the cerbo and use the relay 2 on the cerbo to drive an external relay in the AC circuit feeding the appliance.

Another option is to have the appliances you want to control by SOC on ACout 2 and use an assistant in the inverter to drive the ACout 2 relay.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

You could also use the Generator "Auto function" start/stop relay. have a look at https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/gx---generator-auto-start-stop.html then also the chapter on Conditions" ... Since you are going to need an additional contactor(relay) to switch a "heavy load" you could wire reverse logic of the generator conditions. (...normally you want a generator to start on a low SOC and stop on a high SOC. However, in your case you want to start your load on a High SOC and stop on a Low SOC).

2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

If your instalked solar oaneks are much bigger then the total loads on the system you can akso use the relais in the SmartSolar.

I have now 1860Wp plus 4100Wp of Solarpanels and have a continious load of only 300W on the system, hence my Batteries with 2840Ah (24V) are very fast full. I have configured the relays on the SmartSolar to switch on, if the Battery is in Float and heat up a Boiler. I have also set a minimum switch on time of 4 hours. (4 hours with 24V/1000W heating element increase the temperature of a 200l boiler by roughly 16°C).

Parallel I run a preprogramned washing machine which take only 90min.

Hence no extra functionality is needed.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic