question

ryan1 avatar image
ryan1 asked

Cyrix-ct with solar charge controller

I have a Victron 75/15 MPPT solar charge controller, which I want to use to charge two banks of batteries on my boat - the house batteries (410Ah of Trojan deep cycle) and the starter battery (a fairly standard engine starting battery about 80Ah). To split the charge from the controller is the Cyrix-ct suitable?

MPPT ControllersCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello, yes you can do this as follows.

Additionally you have the Start Assistant function.

If the Sun is down or rainy day, then the Alternator will charge both battery's
If the Sun is down or rainy day and the engine is not running, then the DC loads will only be powered from the Domestic battery and the Starter Battery will not be discharged.

Best regards, Rob

1550279402062.png (63.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Gary Cantigneaux avatar image
Gary Cantigneaux answered ·

Dear,

Thanks a lot for this post as this is exactly what i wanted to know, however, if i read the circuit correctly, does this mean that the solar panel will also charge the second battery? i cannot recall that my MPPT had two outputs.

Furthermore, can you add to the diagram how to connect the battery charger?

Thanks for the clarification.

Gary

2 |3000