question

bnokes2 avatar image
bnokes2 asked

Short circuit on the DC side

Hi all, I have a new Multiplus 12 inverter. All was working well for about 3 months, until one person plugged in a heater all night and ran the battery completely dry.

tried to put shore power in and charge the battery, but the unit tripped twice.

hooked it up again and flipped to charge only. Again, the unit tripped and shut off.

I unhooked the battery and charged fully. I went to hook the battery back up. Negative first, positive second and sparks would constantly fly when the Positive would touch.

I took my meter and rung out on the DC side and unhooked all cables coming in to isolate the Inverter and there is a direct short in the piece of equipment that connects my + and - on my dc side

any thoughts?

battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You need to take it to the dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rossbotha avatar image
rossbotha answered ·

I have the same problem. Unit is in for repair. I don't have an explanation of what caused the dc short circuit. I also connected the -ve first and then tried the +ve. The dealer said the sparking caused a fault to pcbA. Not covered by warranty.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic