question

Ernesto Yañez R-T avatar image
Ernesto Yañez R-T asked

Solar and Wind System

Along with saying hello and hoping you are well, I am writing to request some help and guidance to design an OFF-GRID system in the southern zone of Chile, totally isolated from any electrical network.

For this system, a daily consumption of 32kWh and a peak consumption of 7kW are being calculated.

9kW in solar panels and a minimum 3kW wind generator were estimated, in addition to the option of installing a gasoline generator and a 30kWh battery bank.

The problem is that I can't find much information or diagrams to be able to design a system like the one I'm mentioning, so I would be very grateful if some of you could help me with this issue.

Ps: Sorry for my english

offgridsolarwind
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
zammo avatar image
zammo answered ·

Victron recently announcement they were updating firmware so that solar and wind share prioritry - https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:solar-and-wind-priority

I would also be interested in some example wiring diagrams to integrate wind generation into my solar system. I can't find much information about it

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai-fuchs avatar image
kai-fuchs answered ·

Hey,

For the solar system you would need a decently sized MPPT Depending on your panel array one SmartSolar MPPT 450/200 should be enough to deal with 7kw of solar (assuming your system will run on 48V)

Supplying 240v would be eighter be through a Quattro 48/10000 or two Phoenix 48/5000 to cover your 7kw peak.

Add a battery bank, fueses, busbar cables…. And you got the bare minimum of what you need.

To do some monitoring of the system and to be able to do some more advanced things a Lyncx Smart BMS + Distributor in combination with a Cerbo GX would be advisable.

Depending on the battery bank you might want to add an battery protect

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron Offgrid page