question

vteccured avatar image
vteccured asked

Victron w/ Battleborn batteries, and now installing wakespeed regulator

Hello all,

My current system is within a Class B RV (van) . Currently, my 12 BB batteries ( 2 banks of 6 batteries) are going into the Lynx Power IN. Attached is the Lynx Shunt 1000. Attached to that is the Lynx Distributor. Part of this sytem is the Victron 3000, and cerbo.

Now i'm installing the Nations alternator with Wakespeed 500 regulator and im confused how to go about wiring this up.

I have 4/0 cable from alternator to the rear which is attached to the lynx distributor. Now my understanding, since i do not have a BMS. Wakespeed regulator needs to have a 500amp shunt between batteries and the lynx distributor.

Are there any other way to make this happen properly? Do i need to have this shunt in place or will wakespeed communicate with cerbo for properly operation.

I appreciate any input. Looking to get this project completed and DONE! lol

John A

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@vteccured

Each battleborn battery has its own BMS.

The lunx shunt 1000 measures State of charge for the whole bank and reports that to the Cerbo. So you dont need another thing for SOC, you can add a shunt if you want to see what DC power it is contributing though.

Do you have all the batteries into the power in, then it passes through the shunt to the distributor which should have all your inverters mppts on it. That is where now the wakespeed should be connected.

If you can post a basic connection diagram of your current set up that will help understand better how your system is actually connected

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.