question

sashaberk avatar image
sashaberk asked

Download gps data from VRM

How do I download gps data from VRM. I have gps receiver installed, and I see small location map on my VRM dashboard. But there's no option to download gps data on the "all installations" view in the "downloads" drop down. I only see "Download production report" and "Download installation overview".

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @sashaberk

You can download the GPS track from the Advanced menu GPS widget.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sashaberk avatar image sashaberk commented ·

Sorry. You'll have to spell it out for me.

On the VRM web page in the browser (https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/120374/advanced)

I don't see and GPS widgets.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ sashaberk commented ·

You must activate the GPS beforehand. Go to the advanced page and click the widget control button at the top right. This opens a list of all devices. Next, click on the gateway device and check the GPS there. Then scroll down and look at the GPS widget.

bildschirmfoto-2023-03-17-um-185030.png

bildschirmfoto-2023-03-17-um-184925.png

bildschirmfoto-2023-03-17-um-184524.png

0 Likes 0 ·
sashaberk avatar image
sashaberk answered ·

Thank you.

I can't find any mention of GPS widget anywhere on the VRM web portal. The only thing I see (and it appeared after I installed GPS receiver) is a small bitmap of the map with truck location as a blue dot. It is not clickable. It is on the dashboard page. On the advanced page when I add custom widget - GPS is not on the list of available devices.

But just downloading all data I see that I get GPS info. Still curious where is that GPS widget.

2 |3000

sashaberk avatar image
sashaberk answered ·

Aha!

This is perfect. Thank you so much.

I was looking for something like this in the docs and couldn't find it.

2 |3000

domdtour avatar image
domdtour answered ·

Is there a way to reset the tracks from the gps?

2 |3000

jhg65 avatar image
jhg65 answered ·

Can it be possible, that the GPS track download is removed?

Can't find this option in the VRM portal.
Only the download of all data, where the GPS-Data are included in a csv-file.

2 |3000