question

johand avatar image
johand asked

Unable to replace VRM installation

Hi, i just installed a Cerbo GX to replace my old installation with a Raspberry Pi running VenusOS.

I followed the guide on howto replace,

1. The new Cerbo was installed, activated in VRM and it did show up under my other sites.

2. In the old installation, i did the replacement under general choosing my new site.

The only thing that happend was that my old installation changed name to VRM ID - USEDASREPLACEMENT.

I rebooted my new Cerbo but still nothing, it didnt report any new data either.

So, i deleted my new cerbo in VRM portal, rebooted the cerbo. After that i added the new cerbo again as a new installation. When i tried to replace it once again i only get the following message:

Failed swapping Color Control GX. Is it already transferred?

Any ideas?

VRM
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nwac avatar image
nwac answered ·

I Appreciate this is over a year on from your post. Today I tried to replace an old RASPI installation on the VRM - ive not done it before, and was not sure what to outcome would be. The result was initially similar to yours - the New installation VRM ID was entered into the OLD installation Settings/General page as the replacement. About an hour along - the historical data is still held in the OLD installation "Named" installation, but I am noticing now that both installations ("old" and new) now both have the same VRM ID. AND the Remote console of the OLD installation brings up the Remote console of the installation.

I am guessing this is normal - and perhaps the end result will be the ORIGINAL name of the Installation with the NEW VRM ID.

I guess there could still be some processing going on and the end result may settle down.

Victron - no doubt this is well documented somewhere - any chance of a link to in the the VRM Settings/General page, where this would really be helpful?

many thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nwac avatar image
nwac answered ·

A couple of months on I still have 2 installations showing despite following the simple procedure in VRM to replace one installation with the other.

I find it a bit confusing. The old installation appears to now be live (the old hardware is now recycled) and the new installation has the data from the day of the transition but no newer.

I am a little wary about deleting the one I think is now inactive.!!

The instructions make it sound like this should have been more automated (only one installation left after the migration). For me this doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyone got any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks.

2 |3000