question

aquabelle avatar image
aquabelle asked

VE Direct Port 1 Not Working on CCGX

I have recently added a SmartShunt to my CCGX, connecting it to VE-Direct Port 1. I have a MPPT connected to VE-Direct Port 2.

When connected to VE-1, the Shunt doesn't appear. When connected to VE-2, it does. Similarly, the MPPT is not seen when connected to VE-1.

Since both the SmartShunt and the MPPT work when connected to VE-2 using their unique cables and neither does when connected to VE-1, I think this rules out device and cable issues.

I have read elsewhere on this Forum that the VE-1 port is disabled if "Console on VE Direct 1" is enabled under the Settings/Services menu. This option doesn't appear if user access level is "User and Installer", so I signed in as a 'SuperUser' --but didn't go as far as creating a temporary root password or enabling sshd, etc etc. Despite access showing as SuperUser, the "Console on VE Direct 1" radio button doesn't appear on the Settings/Services menu.

Software on the SmartShunt (and MPPT) is current. I'm on v3.0 on the CCGX and installed v3.10-9 to try out the new MFD interface (love it on my Raymarine Axiom Pro 16!). Didn't see the "Console on VE Direct 1" radio button on v3.10-9 either and have gone back to v3.0 while trying to resolve.

Next steps? Thanks in advance

VE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sounds like a dealer job

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

aquabelle avatar image
aquabelle answered ·

Well problem solved....itself! Despite re-booting a couple of times, I finally shut the system down completely (ie removed power from CCGX and everything connected to it) and went to bed. Started up the next morning and the option with the VE Direct 1 Console radio button appeared (SuperUser setting retained). The radio button was set to ON, so I set it to OFF and hey presto, the VE Direct Port 1 came to life and I was able to see the smart shunt. Old fashioned 'pull the plug out at the wall, wait 3 minutes and reconnect' still works, it seems!

2 |3000

Related Resources