question

martin-modr avatar image
martin-modr asked

Node-RED - Disable Feed In

Hi,

I would like to activate "Disable Feed In" using NodeRED. A few seconds after DFI is set to "1", it will return to "0" by itself. It's the same with "Switch Position", about a minute after setting "2 Inverter only", it will automatically return to "3 On".

ESS mode is 2. Is it nacessary mode 3?

I would like to turn off Feed In automaticaly for nights.

Thanks.

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
dansonamission avatar image
dansonamission answered ·

This basic flow works for me, an ESS node and an ESS Control node. Venus settings > Feed excess DC-Coupled PV into grid on both.

ess.jpg

ess.jpg (36.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jameswest avatar image
jameswest answered ·

Hi it sounds like you had the same issue as me. By default AUX1 on the multiplus control whether feed-in is disabled or not. Even if you change the setting in node-RED the aux input on the multiplus will override it.

You either need to disconnect AUX1 in VEconfigure or use AUX1 to disable feed-in, eg. By connecting one of the relays from the Cerbo GX.

2 |3000