question

tjay6 avatar image
tjay6 asked

Does the 12/12-18A DCDC come in a non isolated version

Hello, I have a very modest 56AH AGM battery bank in my Jeep. I am grounding to my chassis. I can't seem to find the 12/12-18A DCDC in the (non-isolated) version. Assuming it doesn't exists, will the 12/12-30A overwhelm my 2 paralleled 28AH AGM batteries? I've attached the spec sheet for my batteries for reference sake.

-ods-agm28la-pc925t.jpg

victron productsvictron communityvictron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvas avatar image
mvas answered ·

Where did you read that there is a 12v/12v 18 amp non-isolated?

Why can't you use 12v/12v 18 amp isolated?

No, the 12v/12vv 30amp will not overwhelm your battery bank.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

If the batteries are going to be deeply discharged, there's a good chance of overheating the batteries.

In round numbers, you have a 60 amp hour battery. Meaning a full charge in 2 hours. The data sheet doesn't give a charge rate. Pumping 30A into this for short periods will be ok. Pumping 30A for long periods won't. Aim for a charge in 5 hours or longer. Preferably more. The faster you charge the shorter the battery life.

In any case stick to the lowest charging voltage. There isn't a float voltage specified. Normal for lead acid/AGM is around 13.7V.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic