question

tedebbers avatar image
tedebbers asked

Using Tesla cig socket as power source to charge RV battery

I have a Tesla and would like to use the cig socket to charge my RV battery. The socket gives 15.5 volts and 12 amps continuous output. Is there a Victron product that I could use in the scenario?

battery charging
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ingo21 avatar image ingo21 commented ·
why would you want to do that...?

your RV surely has solar or is parked near a electric outlet.

1 Like 1 ·
tedebbers avatar image tedebbers ingo21 commented ·
Canadian parks are usually deep in the forest so solar is difficult. Some of the best camps sites do not have electricity.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

That's not much power. Victron has the Orion DC-DC charger but it's a little too much power for the socket.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tedebbers avatar image tedebbers commented ·
Thanks Kevin, I was afraid of that. I think that a’ll actually go with a power station from Bluetti or Ecoflow. I can recharge it overnight form the Tesla, and use it during the day
0 Likes 0 ·
nigely avatar image
nigely answered ·

I think I saw somewhere that you can buy an inverter that plugs in to your Tesla charging socket to give you a AC power outlet.

2 |3000