question

gagan-ranatunga avatar image
gagan-ranatunga asked

Ac coupled with Fronius lead carbon

Can I use lead Carbon batteries with the Victron Multiplus || and fronius ac coupled combination.

I have 10 x 670W Solar panels and 48v lead carbon batteries

Froniusvictronlead-acidac coupling
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @Gagan Ranatunga

I think Victron sells lead carbon batteries so I would assume so. When configuring victron devices you can configure various charge profiles for different battery chemistries. There are pre-sets however you can also make you own if non are applicable (based on the battery data sheets).

The size of the battery will be a factor to consider I know you've noted a 48v battery but what size is the battery (in aH or wH, amp Hours or wattHours).

As long as the battery is sufficiently large for the system I don't see any issues.

Also note to comply with factor of 1 rule you're looking to need a Multiplus > 6700kva, so the 8kva or higher model or multiple 5kva's. Further details here just in case you've not seen that:

AC-coupling and the Factor 1.0 rule [Victron Energy]

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.