question

Mark Anderson avatar image
Mark Anderson asked

Lynx Shunt VE Can settings for EG4 48V

hi al

have 4 x 48v 100AN EG4 connected to Lynx Power in

My SOC says 100%, but physical batteries show less

The settings in the shunt are set to these values are they correct?

1686677302930.png

EG4 manual says this

1686677344398.png

Should I be setting Charged voltage to 54v?

What about tail current?

Thanks

Mark

lynx shunt
1686677302930.png (39.6 KiB)
1686677344398.png (38.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Mark Anderson

From the manual....

9.2. Charged voltage
The battery voltage must be above this voltage level to consider the battery as fully charged. As soon as the battery monitor
detects that the voltage of the battery has reached this “charged voltage” parameter and the current has dropped below the “tail
current [21]” parameter for a certain amount of time, the battery monitor will set the state of charge to 100%

The manual also says to set it a little under the float like around 0.2 or 0.3v but there are many who will set it closer to the bulk voltage for lithium. About 0.6 or 0.8v lower.

Experimentation on your part is needed. You can start with the 54v and see how it triggers, then possibly adjust from there.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jasonsele avatar image
jasonsele answered ·

I have my charged voltage set to 56.2 and my EG4-LL batteries are working perfectly. I use 2.0% for tail current. I also set my Peukert exponent to 1.02. FYI, I've also had many discussions about the communication cable from the EG4 to the Cerbo GX. That connection will show the EG4 battery SOC correctly but if you have multiple batteries it does not combine the Watts and Amps from all the batteries. It will only show the Watts and Amps from the master battery. As a result I use the Smart Shunt for my battery monitor instead of the EG4. I also max my charge current to 70a on my Quattros and max it on my charge controllers too. I discovered that it divides that current between my 4 batteries equally so I really won't go over the charge current recommendation for each EG4.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic