question

phooge avatar image
phooge asked

Ve.Flash Bricked my Multiplus 12/1600 ? What options now

So I tried to update a EasyPlus 12/1600 with VE.Flash my old firmware was 1906132 and I tried to updating to 1906209. Now the unit appears to be bricked. It just went to the second step and did not get to the loading firmware. Says to " Please reset the Multi/Quattro/Inverter!. Follow the instructions below: .... (which I did) Press OK AFTER the above steps are done."

Then says can't connect (after it connected before) and says "Try again?"

and in a endless loop.

Unit blinking LED and no amount of restarting gets it to start with old firmware. Can't figure out what to try next. Tough situation as boat in remote Alaska with no dealers anywhere near-bye.

Philip

veflash
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

make sure that you are using a mk2 or mk3 usb to ve bus adapter and have nothing else connected to the multiplus ve bus ports - expect the mk3 to the multiplus.

then do the VE flash again following the instructions as per the program.

also try a different rj45 cable

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

if you are using a mk3 then if posiable I would also try a mk2 (thuis is a older version of the mk3) this should not be needed but its worth a try if you still have issues.

also make sure that the dip switchs on the multiplus are in there default positions as well

also remove the battery and wait 5 min reconnect the battery and try again.

0 Likes 0 ·
phooge avatar image phooge Paul B commented ·
Thank you for the advice. Is there a battery in the Multipass or are you talking about the main boat batteries it is charging? I removed power from the board but that did not help.
0 Likes 0 ·
phooge avatar image
phooge answered ·

Well solved but sharing for those who may run into this. When asking for a shutdown I turned off, turned of mains and unplugged board, when I did this and then used VE.Flash it went to next level, then started over and it would go to the next level, started over again and it went all the way through. The difference between this and previous tries were unplugging the board and waiting five minutes between restarts (as suggested by Paul, and persisting through what was 4 manual restarts.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic